I will be frank. I kind of think awards like this are the chain letters of the blogging world. I mean, there’s no real award. However, it is a great opportunity to boost up other bloggers and write about your own blogging career, so I will take the bait.
A big thanks to Recreational Hobbyist for the nomination. She writes about all sorts of hobbies, including book and movie reviews. Go check her out!
Now, the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
My question and answer session:
- What is your favorite time of the year? Autumn, by far. Of course, here in Buffalo that lasts about a week and a half. I cherish it while it’s here, though.
- If you could travel to any country, where would you go? I suppose I would go to Ireland first, as it is the country of my people. My parents have always wanted to go and hopefully one day I will win the lottery or publish a best seller and be able to fulfill that dream for them.
- What is your favorite TV show you are watching right now? I literally have Parks and Rec going in the background right now.
- How often do you write other than for blog posts? Well, my blog posts are twice a week, on Monday and Thursday. I also just finished writing at least 1667 words a day for NaNoWriMo. Add to that my poetry and a short story I’m toying with.
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee is my favorite, but tea is an acceptable substitute.
- What is your all-time favorite book? It by Stephen King, followed by Bronte’s Jane Eyre. Very different styles, but both tales that touched my soul.
- What is your favorite blog post? Hmmmmmmm…I don’t have one. I love all my babies equally. But you should check out Poetry Month.
- What is the one thing you love about blogging? It lets me share my opinions, and keep track of my thoughts.
- What is one thing you can’t live without? My computer.
- What is your favorite food? Ice cream in all its forms and flavors.
- What is your biggest blogging accomplishment? I haven’t got one, really. I just want people to read my stuff and find some sort of meaning in my words. If you read a post and think “gee, me too!” I’ve done my job.
After reading some new work lately, I nominate the following bloggers & their blogs:
- Rusted Honey
- Mommin in the real World
- Caffeinated Crafting Cripple
- Teagues Creative Mind
- Sarah Day
- Kelly Louise Allen
- Mental Fitness
- Yeah OCD Blog
- Pucker Up Buttercup
I think I’m supposed to contact these people, and I know I follow a couple on Twitter, but I’m not sure of their handles so let’s just hope the pingbacks take care of notifications.
My questions for you:
- When did you get the writing bug?
- How long have you been blogging, and what is your main purpose for your blog?
- What are you other top three interests?
- What is a book you could read over and over again?
- What’s the best blog you’ve written?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What music are you currently listening to?
- Who is your biggest support?
- If you could have dinner with one writer, dead or alive, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite sport team?
- What’s your day job?
That’s it. Seriously, check out some of these blogs, especially if you’re another blogger. We all need to support each other, which is why I did this in the first place.
Also, I’m low on topics. Whoops.
One thought on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
Oh, you little stinker. Then again, I haven’t done the work to get my new blog started so thank you for the jump-starting award. Have a lovely evening Brigid!